[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help to enable echo cancel in pulseaudio

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 28 02:28:46 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Alexander E. Patrakov at 27/07/11 13:08 did gyre and
gimble:
> ABDUL MOIZ wrote:
>
>> open("/usr/etc/pulse/daemon.conf",
>
> OK, this explains everything. Pulseaudio looks at the wrong config file,
> that's why your cpu-limit setting had no effect. The /usr/etc directory
> is even forbidden according to the FHS standard.
>
> Please rebuild pulseaudio so that it looks at /etc/pulse/daemon.conf:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --with-
> udev-rules-dir=/lib/udev/rules.d

Yup!, This is exactly the problem I warned you about the first time round!

If you're not confident running and compiling things from source, I
really do strongly recommend building your own packages of things rather
than relying on the "sudo make install" approach... it very much helps
avoid such problems.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]