[pulseaudio-discuss] PA_ERR_ACCESS problems.

Anders Gnistrup agn at datarespons.dk
Tue Jun 7 22:42:25 PDT 2011

From: pulseaudio-discuss-bounces+agn=datarespons.dk at lists.freedesktop.org [pulseaudio-discuss-bounces+agn=datarespons.dk at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Colin Guthrie [gmane at colin.guthr.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:48 PM
To: pulseaudio-discuss at mail.0pointer.de
Subject: Re: [pulseaudio-discuss] PA_ERR_ACCESS problems.

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 07/06/11 13:22 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Anders Gnistrup at 07/06/11 08:05 did gyre and gimble:
>> - Setting the volume on the sink using pa_context_set_sink_volume_by_index. This method works, but I wont to set the volume pr. stream, not pr. device.
>> - Setting the volume using a similar method used in the application pavucontrol. I have tried this with little success.
>
> Use pa_context_set_sink_input_volume() and pa_context_set_sink_input_mute()
>
> This is what pavucontrol does. It think you're misreading the bit where
> it uses ext stream restore stuff which deals with the saved database of
> volumes which you generally shouldn't have to worry about.

Oh and I'm not sure off the top of my head why ERR_ACCESS would be
returned as I'd likely have to pick through some code to have a proper
look! That said, I think you can ignore the whole thing and not worry
about it :D

Cheers

Col

Hi Col

Thanks for the reply. I had not got the design of a sink having a list of streams. Changing the code to use the pa_context_get_sink_input_info to get current volumes for all channels in stream and then setting the volume using pa_context_set_sink_input_volume() silved the problem.

My best gees for the PA_ERR_ACCESS is that only one context was used for all stream/server/sink control.

Thanks for enlightenment.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]