[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio doesn't seem to find my HDMI audio card

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 8 02:47:20 PDT 2011

Hello,

'Twas brillig, and Marie-Noëlle Augendre at 08/06/11 10:16 did gyre and
gimble:
> I'm a complete newbie here and doesn't understand how to configure
> PulseAudio.
> I'm running a Toshiba Satellite L635 with Fedora 14. and trying to play
> some audio files from my own library (CD I have numerized).
>
> The only sound I get is rather feeble and quite bad, and the *Mobility
> Radeon HD 5000 Series doesn't seem to be recognized.*
>
> From what I see on "Configuration" tag of the PulseAudio control panel:
>  - *Manhattan HDMI Audio [Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series]* has a profil
> "Eteint" (in french, but I don't know what it'll be in english)
>  - *Audio interne* has a profil "Analog Stereo Output"
>
> Any attempt to change these profils result in no sound at all.
> I'm completely at loss to find a working configuration, and don't find
> any solution on the net.

Can you please do the following:

 1. Select the Manhattan HDMI as the default device.
 2. Play some audio with the application of your choice (it doesn't
matter if you cannot hear it, we just want it to at least try!)
 3. Run "pacmd list" on the command line and attach the result.

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]