[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio doesn't seem to find my HDMI audio card

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 02:07:07 PDT 2011

2011/6/10 Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>

> > My guess is it goes to the "normal" one, as I barely hear anything with
> > the volume at 100%. Any other way to know for sure?
>

> Erm, by listening which sound card from which the sound comes out.... It
> should be very obvious which sound card a given app is using.

I've never heard anything apart :
 - some very bad sound I guess comes from the "normal" card,
 - or no sound at all.
I don't know the sound of the HDMI card.

> But, if you cannot tell then run:
>
> sudo fuser -v /dev/snd/pcm*

                     UTIL.       PID ACCÈS  COMMANDE
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   marie-noelle   3119 F...m plugin-containe
/dev/snd/pcmC1D3p:   marie-noelle   2375 F...m pulseaudio

Your distribution should