[pulseaudio-discuss] how's fighting rewind going?

Lu Guanqun guanqun.lu at intel.com
Thu Jun 16 17:50:36 PDT 2011

Hi Sean,

I saw your post here:
https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2011-April/009834.html

you mentioned:

"""
Some amount of rewinds are normal. Especially when the server first
starts up, or when the amount of latency demanded by an application is
very low while system load is high. But excessive rewinds can be due
to a driver bug in ALSA (this would have to be specific to your
hardware since I can't reproduce the issue here on Maverick). I like
to compare it to an anti-lock break system: if it engages at the right
time, it's useful, but if it engages erroneously it can be dangerous.
"""

Now I have a similar crazy rewind, I want to know what kind of ALSA bug
it's possible in your mind? So that I can debug further in this
direction.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 08:21:22AM +0800, Lu Guanqun wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> How's your fighting rewind going?
>
> Now, I find there's a rewind flood in my environment, and it's doing a
> rewrite rewind all the times. At the time of rewinding, the write index
> is less than the read index.
>
> Do you have any idea what's going on? I'm only seeing this when I'm
> viewing an 1080p MP4 file.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> guanqun