[pulseaudio-discuss] RFC: Disable module-x11-cork-request by default?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 17 01:58:37 PDT 2011

Hi,

Should we?

I've disabled this in my packages for ages, so no change for me, but
what about the wider community.

I find that the lack of stateful care as to the current state means that
this module fails some of the time.

We do try to do stateful tracking in the cork-music-on-phone module, so
if a stream is already corked, we won't send the cork request (this may
have some issues generally relating to START_CORKED flags but that is
another story), but there are various scenarios where this will cause
something to pause when it should unpause or do a noop.

IMO, it's better to encourage clients (e.g. gstreamer, vlc etc.) to
handle the events properly. And in the mean time we still do stream
mutes anyway. WDYT?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]