[pulseaudio-discuss] ALC892 on Clevo P150HM and too many (?) options in pavucontrol

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 01:38:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

this should be the final thread concerning this laptop. As I mentioned
earlier, it has 2.1 speakers, a built-in microphone and the following
connectors:
- headphone out
- microphone in; can be switched to center/lfe out
- spdif out; can be switched to rear speaker out
- line in; can be switched to side speaker out
pavucontrol offers more options, some of which seem superfluous. In the
output devices tab, you can pick from analog speakers, analog output and
analog headphones (last 2 seem the same). In the input devices tab, you
can pick microphone 1, microphone 2 and linear input. While it seems
technically right (I don't have an external mic here to test), could it
be possible to rename them to internal and external mic? #2 is the
internal one.
Finally, the profiles in the Configuration tab do not seem to reflect
that the machine is capable of up to 7.1 sound. I have
- analog stereo duplex
- analog stereo output
- digital stereo output (iec598) and analog stereo input
- digital stereo duplex (iec598)
- analog stereo input
- off
in there. This seems to be completely off what windows offers, so I hope
the information I provided will be enough to fix the profiles.
Otherwise, I am happy to provide more data.

Regards,
Julian