[pulseaudio-discuss] Realtek ALC892 being overdriven to 153 % volume

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Jun 19 02:00:51 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 10:20 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> again, this is on a Clevo P150HM laptop. When I use Fn-F5/F6 keys in
> Gnome, it is possible to get the volume up to 153 %, which sometimes
> leads to sound distortion. Is this the intended behaviour?

What the volume keys do is not decided by Pulseaudio. I don't know what
program handles the volume keys. Probably something that is part of
Gnome. Whatever program it is, you'll have to ask its developers (unless
someone knowledgeable person reads this list) what the intended
behaviour is (to me it sounds like a bug).