[pulseaudio-discuss] Realtek ALC892 being overdriven to 153 % volume

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 20 01:31:51 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Jeremy Nickurak at 19/06/11 21:28 did gyre and gimble:

> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 13:41, Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com
> <mailto:belegdol at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Gnome 3 in fallback mode still goes up to 153 %, while KDE wants to
>     regulate my nvidia hdmi output for some reason.
>

> I've had this issue for some time, well before Gnome 3.

Interesting. Smells like someone is patching something somewhere then.
Like I say I don't have this problem here - volume keys will have their
upper limit @100%

I'd still be generally in favour of limiting the keys to 100% but
ultimately it's up to the Dekstop environments to decide what they think
is best.

So I'd get in touch with the relevant gnome people and ask the question:
Should the keys limit the volume to 0dB, but with the UI allowing up to
+11dB?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]