[pulseaudio-discuss] Realtek ALC892 being overdriven to 153 % volume

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Jun 20 02:13:08 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-20 10:31, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Interesting. Smells like someone is patching something somewhere then.
> Like I say I don't have this problem here - volume keys will have their
> upper limit @100%
>
> I'd still be generally in favour of limiting the keys to 100% but
> ultimately it's up to the Dekstop environments to decide what they think
> is best.
>
> So I'd get in touch with the relevant gnome people and ask the question:
> Should the keys limit the volume to 0dB, but with the UI allowing up to
> +11dB?

We'll just add a compressor plugin, so everything sounds louder ;-)

Just kidding. Anyway, if I were a UI designer and got that proposal, I
would probably scratch my head and wonder why the PulseAudio folks
couldn't decide on one maximum volume only...

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic