[pulseaudio-discuss] Detecting hotplug routing changes

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 03:31:22 PDT 2011

Hey all,

I'm working on an applet that will inform the user when streams have been
swapped to a newly plugged in device.
The problem that I'm facing is that I don't know what angle to approach the
problem from.

So far I've used the ext_stream_restore callbacks to try get enough
information to detect it, but the callbacks also
run on changes in volume etc not just hotplug events.

Another approach I hoped would work is to use the "index" parameter of the
callback registered with pa_context_set_subscribe_callback,
but that approach didn't work either.

If somebody would shed some light on what the cleanest way to achive this
would be I'd appreciate it,
Cheers, -Harry