[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] Final development branches merged before v1.0

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 22 15:49:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

OK, so I've merged the final development branches for v1.0 today.

This now means that:
 1) Source Outputs (recording streams) now support per-stream volume
control.
 2) Our internal database format has changed for saved things (volumes,
devices etc).

In order to help test things, please copy the *.tdb files in your
~/.pulse/ folder before updating. I'll do more tests but I'm not 100%
sure if module-stream-restore's conversion from the old format worked
100% OK....., so there could be some bugs there still :)

Now that this is in, there are only a few smallish tweaks (from Arun) to
come before we are ready to release. Obviously "ready to release" is a
very flimsy term. Due to the way git master has developed over the last
year or two, some things done long ago are only now getting tested!

So I plan to push out some test tarballs pretty soon and try and
organise a few testing sessions and build some packages for the major
distros etc.

We can perhaps organise a test day if people are interested?

Anyway, that's enough for tonight :D

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]