[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] Remove or disabled libpulsebrowse?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jun 23 03:45:27 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-23 10:47, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Maarten pointed out should we take this opportunity to deprecate
> libpulsebrowse? Either by ripping it out or disabling by default?
>
> AFAIK, only padevchooser uses this. Are there others?
>
> WDYT?

I'm not at all familiar with libpulsebrowse and whether this
functionality is now provided elsewhere, but:

$ apt-cache rdepends libpulse-browse0
Reverse Depends:
   pulseaudio-utils
   libpulse-dev
   libpulse-browse0-dbg
   padevchooser
   pulseaudio-utils
   libpulse-dev
   libpulse-browse0-dbg

At least nothing in the Ubuntu archive (outside the PulseAudio project)
depends on this package.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic