[pulseaudio-discuss] Some more build system patches

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 06:16:07 PDT 2011

Hi list,

Here are some patches which replace the conversion of default.pa.in to
default.pa with sed by the usual configure-time config files handling of
AC_OUTPUT.

This has the advantage that there can be build-time conditionals in the
config-files. We already have .ifexists to test the availability of a module at
run-time, but it seems nicer to just not include those lines on platforms where
the functionality is never available. (e.g. udev on BSD or win32)

Some time ago I already posted a similar series based on awk, which was not
accepted (nor declined actually). In this patch the processing of the
conditionals is done by m4.

The last patch in the series is a semi-unrelated patch requested by Colin. By
adding it here, I hope to trick him into reviewing all the patches.

configure.ac                   |  185 ++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
man/Makefile.am                |   11 +--
man/default.pa.5.xml.in        |    4 +-
man/pax11publish.1.xml.in      |    2 +-
man/pulse-client.conf.5.xml.in |    4 +-
man/pulse-daemon.conf.5.xml.in |    8 +-
man/pulseaudio.1.xml.in        |    6 +-
src/Makefile.am                |   54 +-----------
src/daemon/daemon.conf.in      |    7 ++-
src/daemon/default.pa.in       |   48 +++++++++--
src/daemon/default.pa.win32    |   43 ---------

And once again, I didn't manage to get a positive line count ;-)

Maarten