[pulseaudio-discuss] Some more build system patches

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 30 04:18:52 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Maarten Bosmans at 29/06/11 14:16 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi list,
>
> Here are some patches which replace the conversion of default.pa.in to
> default.pa with sed by the usual configure-time config files handling of
> AC_OUTPUT.
>
> This has the advantage that there can be build-time conditionals in the
> config-files. We already have .ifexists to test the availability of a module at
> run-time, but it seems nicer to just not include those lines on platforms where
> the functionality is never available. (e.g. udev on BSD or win32)
>
> Some time ago I already posted a similar series based on awk, which was not
> accepted (nor declined actually). In this patch the processing of the
> conditionals is done by m4.
>
> The last patch in the series is a semi-unrelated patch requested by Colin. By
> adding it here, I hope to trick him into reviewing all the patches.

Damn! I've been duped again!

I read them over and don't see anything particularly offensive and it
all still passes distcheck etc, so I figure all is well in the world.

I did find one problem (one I slipped in to my pastebin the other day
when I asked about the dbus thing) relating to equalizer sink which
seems to require dbus in its entirety. Certainly it wouldn't build when
passing --disable-dbus, so I did an additional commit to fix that up. I
hope my automake foo is up to your standards! (only doubt I have is if
automake's "if" statement supports boolean anding or not... my quick
good said no, so I just nested two if's)

> And once again, I didn't manage to get a positive line count ;-)

Hehe, one day I'm sure!! :D

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]