[pulseaudio-discuss] understanding PA cork/uncorking scenarios

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:44:02 PDT 2011

> e.g. in module-x11-cork-request (which I very much think you should
> ignore completely and disable in any install as it just gets in the way
> and results in very strange behaviour due to non-stateful tracking of
> the current state... e.g. by default if a Skype call comes in when you
> have e.g. Amarok paused, then Amarok will unpause for you when the call
> starts and pause again then it ends...

Would be nice if there was module-mpris2-cork-request instead... most of the
desktop media players now support the MPRIS2 dbus interface (thanks ubuntu
sound menu) http://www.mpris.org/2.1/spec/

The spec specifies a PlaybackStatus() , CanPause, CanPlay, Play() and
Pause()

Since you don't have to actually pause phone roles just music/video this
would do the trick I think..

Cheers

Jason Taylor

--
"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven