[pulseaudio-discuss] Skype masking notifications as phone stream

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 3 01:03:00 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Marko Doda at 03/03/11 07:20 did gyre and gimble:
> Skype supports pulseaudio, but its kinda buggy, notification sounds get
> published to pulseaudio as phone streams and the default pulseaudio
> responds by muting everything else. I solved it by commenting
> load-module module-cork-music-on-phone

Hmm, the notification sounds should be marked as "event" sounds. I'm
pretty sure the Skype folks fixed this a long time ago - are you using
an early beta?

e.g. here:

    index: 440
	driver: <protocol-native.c>
	flags: START_CORKED
	state: RUNNING
	sink: 0 <alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo>
	volume: 0:  76%
	        0: -7.15 dB
	        balance 0.00
	muted: no
	current latency: 57.46 ms
	requested latency: 66.00 ms
	sample spec: s16le 1ch 48000Hz
	channel map: mono
	             Mono
	resample method: trivial
	module: 10
	client: 11 <Skype>
	properties:
		window.icon_name = "skype"
		application.icon_name = "skype"
		media.role = "event"
		media.name = "Event Sound"
		application.name = "Skype"
		native-protocol.peer = "UNIX socket client"
		native-protocol.version = "16"
		application.process.id = "5668"
		application.process.user = "colin"
		application.process.host = "jimmy"
		application.process.binary = "skype"
		application.language = "en_GB.utf8"
		window.x11.display = ":0.0"
		module-stream-restore.id = "sink-input-by-media-role:event"

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]