[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio xbmc passthrough success

Kelly Anderson kelly at silka.with-linux.com
Tue Mar 8 14:32:14 PST 2011

On 03/06/2011 02:54 PM, pl bossart wrote:
> All you need is a 3D TV now...
> Seriously, this is good. Can you send a link to this ported AC3Filter
> code? I thought it was too Windows/DirectX-oriented to be used. I
> didn't look too much since it's GPL, and LGPL is preferred in terms of
> integration with proprietary components.
> Thanks,
> -Pierre

Pierre,

OK, I've cleaned the code up and it works really well now (for my
purposes).  It's really efficient with processing DTS files, I haven't
profiled Ac3 yet.  I've rolled it into my copy of xbmc and all seems to
be working really well.  I'll be putting patches for xbmc up as well as
soon as I've prep'd them.

You could do me a favor if you would complete sink_pulse.{cpp,h}.  I've
been working on other things and that's really on the back burner for
me.  Once the SinkPulse is done, we'll be able to play raw DTS/AC3 files
pretty much the same way paplay does for other formats.  At some point
we might even want to roll AudioFilter into paplay.

I renamed Ac3Filter to AudioFilter.  It really does a bunch more than
just Ac3 and I've renamed interfaces, etc.

I'm still renaming files and moving the around a bit, but the headers
should be pretty stable.

http://silka.with-linux.com/audiofilter/

I'll probably put the code in a git repository once I've got the file
renaming out of the way.