[pulseaudio-discuss] One question about channel mapping in resampler

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Mar 14 03:49:19 PDT 2011

[Please post new messages rather than replying to a recent post as it
messes up the threading in mail clients]

Hi!

'Twas brillig, and Bu, Long at 14/03/11 09:42 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi, My audio card is intel HDA. I set card profile to
> output:analog-sorround-51 so that 5.1 streams can work. But I also
> want front-left channel go to real-left speaker and front-right go to
> rear-right when I playback a stereo audio stream.(with playbin2 which
> use pulsesink) But during my experiments, for a stereo audio stream,
> only front-left, front-right, front-center speaker had output. I
> checked the calc_map_table function in resampler.c, I realized this
> behavior seemed by the implementation.  So, to achieve my purpose,
> either I: 1. change the resampler.c source code. Or 2. use some
> gstreamer plugin to mapping stereo stream to a 5.1 stream before
> pulsesink.

Hmm, Interesting. I do not get that behaviour here. When remapping
stereo to 5.1 I get the sounds on both front and rear.

I've not looked much at the resampler.c code but can you point me at the
bits that make you think it's not doing things fully and I'll take a peak.

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]