[pulseaudio-discuss] Still some SIMD issues

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Mar 14 08:49:41 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and pl bossart at 12/03/11 21:12 did gyre and gimble:
>> When testing with a52, reducing the volume of the Front Centre channel
>> to 50% vs. 100% for the others, causes a high pitched artefact to be
>> introduced.
>>
>> exporting PULSE_NO_SIMD=1 prevents the problem (although I do still seem
>> to get some artefacts when mixing - but this could be due to lack of
>> rewind on a52 or somehow related to that).
>>
>> Just mentioning here by way of recording the issue.
>
> I've had the same issue for ages when playing back multichannel files,
> be that on a HDMI or local stereo out. When all the channels have the
> same volume everything's fine. When a single channel has a different
> setting from the others, there' s this high-frequency pitch. It's been
> a year at least but I've never had the time to look into this.

Yeah, this isn't a new issue for me either if I'm honest. But at the
time I only really tested 5.1 on my a52 plugin setup so wasn't sure if
it was in the plugin or at our end that the problem was introduced.
Looking at it properly over the weekend, it's clear it's at our end!

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]