[pulseaudio-discuss] rewind and underrun issues on start of playback

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 3 01:36:24 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Baek Chang at 02/05/11 04:52 did gyre and gimble:
> Also, if i revert to pulseaudio 0.9.14, i do not see this issue
> happening.  I can hear the very short samples in the beginning fine.

I think generally that the rewinding should work, and that by reverting
you are just bypassing a bug at (perhaps) the alsa level which should
really be fixed.

I suspect if you can create a (very simple) alsa test application that
exhibits the problem (by using rewinds) then this can be taken to the
alsa-devel list in order to fix the underlying problem.

That's my take on it anyway, and I could of course be wrong!

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]