[pulseaudio-discuss] volume ramping

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 17 10:40:46 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Baek Chang at 17/05/11 18:13 did gyre and gimble:
> Oh great, so it will be merged back into a branch as a new feature.  Is
> there any place to push patches I've made against it somewhere, or
> should i just wait until its merged back in?

There isn't a feature branch for this yet as I'm not sure Lennart was
really happy with the approach he had (I can't remember the details,
either he's not happy with the approach or he didn't have time to
properly tidy it up) - either way there is no where just now to apply
patches on top, but we could likely introduce a feature branch for this.

That said, it's likely going to be quite hard to bring the feature back
with subsequent changes in volume code in the mean time (dealing with
flat volumes is tricky to say the least!).

But obviously we don't want to loose your work so perhaps Arun or even
Lennart can make some suggestions in this regard?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]