[pulseaudio-discuss] How to redirect pulse audio through ssh?

Quinn Plattel qiet72 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:58:54 PDT 2011

Hi,

This is interesting:

client: ssh -XL 4713:localhost:4713 user at server
server: PULSE_LOG=99 pactl stat
Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64.0 KiB each, total size
is 64.0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65472
Trying to connect to
/home/quinn/.pulse/1ffe0fd6b5c9262aaa374e734c2cc8d0-runtime/native...
SHM possible: yes
Protocol version: remote 16, local 16
Negotiated SHM: yes
Currently in use: 1 blocks containing 63.9 KiB bytes total.
Allocated during whole lifetime: 15741 blocks containing 81.5 MiB bytes
total.
Sample cache size: 0 B
User name: quinn
Host Name: server
Server Name: pulseaudio
Server Version: 0.9.21-63-gd3efa-dirty
Default Sample Specification: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
Default Channel Map: front-left,front-right
Default Sink: auto_null
Default Source: auto_null.monitor
Cookie: 6ccbf517
server: export PULSE_SERVER=localhost:4713
server: PULSE_LOG=99 pactl stat
Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64.0 KiB each, total size
is 64.0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65472
Trying to connect to localhost:4713...
connect(): Connection refused
Connection failure: Connection refused

Ideas?