[pulseaudio-discuss] How to change profile of bluetooth headset for different applications?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 24 09:44:31 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Lin, Mengdong at 24/05/11 16:18 did gyre and gimble:
> The idea of intended profile is awesome! Great thanks for sharing, Col!  I'll try to implement the pseudo module as you suggested.
>
> I have a quick question:
>> Then a separate module (module-intended-profiles?) could take care of
>> listening quite generically for streams landing on sink and do the
>> following logic ...
>
> Which event shall I hook for "stream landing on sink", is it "PA_CORE_HOOK_SINK_INPUT_PUT"?

Yeah I think that's the right one.... I'd normally say the _NEW one, but
we need to actually route things first (i.e. assign a sink to the
sink-input) and thus the _PUT is likely the right one.

Like I said in the last mail however, I suspect there could be problems
with changing the profile here due to race conditions of calling a
function inside a hook that triggers another hook, but if we're lucky
there wont be any other module fiddling about that would conflict with
this logic.

It should be quite quick to test it all out tho' just to check that all
is well :)

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions. You can also pop on
IRC if you like :)

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]