[pulseaudio-discuss] rewind and underrun issues on start of playback

xing wang wangxingchao2011 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 03:46:27 PDT 2011

2011/5/26 Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:
> 'Twas brillig, and xing wang at 26/05/11 10:42 did gyre and gimble:
>> 2011/5/26 Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:
>>> 'Twas brillig, and xing wang at 26/05/11 09:09 did gyre and gimble:
>>>
>>> Just as a very small aside, David did some work on "Fighting Rewinds"
>>> recently.
>>>
>>> Just search the stable-queue git log for "Fighting rewinds"...
>>>
>>> These may already be included in your build, but if not it's perhaps
>>> worth grabbing those patches?
>>
>> Thank you Colin, let me have a try.
>
> Of course it's probably sensible to just run the whole "stable-queue"
> branch. That's generally what I do in my distro packages... just apply
> all stable queue patches on top of the official release. A 0.9.23
> release will likely go out soon (if I can nail Lennart down!) based on
> this branch.

Hi Colin, i think my release had include David's patchset.  I see
there're three patches about "Fast rewind", here's the link:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Fighting-rewinds-pulseaudio-crash-update-td3248107.html.

The delay issue met based on my release build could not be fixed with
David's patch.
But i think it's quite like Ccrma's description in post "rewind and
underrun issues on start of playback".  If change the buffer size to
smaller value, the delay becomes short. I am not sure whether alsa is
playing silence data or just didnot start playback.

Thanks
--xingchao