[pulseaudio-discuss] dynamic routing through pulse audio

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Tue May 31 23:46:21 PDT 2011

1.       What this module do? and how PA modules can be loaded?

Pause(cork) music input stream when a phone input stream is put, and resume music input stream after the phone stream is unlinked.

2. How and When the module "module-cork-music-on-phone"  comes to picture or gets loaded? What condition triggers to load this module?
You can edit file "/etc/pulse/default.pa", add a line "load-module module-cork-music-on-phone", thus pulseaudio will load it when PA daemon is launched. Or you can manually load it by pacmd any time as long as PA daemon is running.
$pacmd
>>load-module module-cork-music-on-phone

In fact, I'm not using this module because my music player does not set the "media.role" property :(

Thanks
Amanda