[pulseaudio-discuss] Reply-to

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:59:31 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM, John Haxby <jch at thehaxbys.co.uk> wrote:
> On 06/11/11 19:31, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> The discussion about what this list chooses to do is pertinent to this
>> list.
>
> In which case let it drop and let the list maintainers decide.   I think
> you've made your point.

Good, just to make it clear; normal people use "reply-to-all", many of
them have no problem with it; they had to learn it for basic
communication with groups of people. If somebody thinks otherwise,
that's an opinion, not a fact, and it should be considered as such.
Therefore, it's not a reason not to remove Reply-to munging as it's
perfectly *possible* that people in this mailing list would have no
problem with it, or get used to it, like countless other mailing list.

And, as mentioned in RFC 5822, Reply-to is meant for the *author* of
the message, so if the mailing list software munges this field, it's
against the specification, and thus a hack.

Since apparently discussions regarding communication in this mailing
list "distress" the community, if somebody wants to further discuss
this, feel free to reply directly to me.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras