[pulseaudio-discuss] System freeze

dirkydirk dirkydirk at gmx.net
Fri Nov 18 10:23:47 PST 2011

You are right, I don't know for sure if it's a PA problem at all, but I
have to start looking somewhere ;)

With the same result, a complete system lockup, I have tried kernels
3.1.0 and 2.6.37, rhythmbox and banshee (both use gstreamer),
flashplayer 10 and 11, firefox 8. Oopses are none in the logs.

What kind of stress tests do you have in mind?

Before the update to gnome 3 I had an alsa-only environment, and this
lockup did not occur. Apart from updated libraries, PA is the only new
component in the system concerning audio, this is why I was looking here
first. Because gnome 3 depends on PA, de-installing it to have an
alsa-only environment again is not an option.

I have attached the output of "pulseaudio -vvvvv". After the last line,
the crash happened. But on a previous run, there was a different last
line...

Is it possible to tell gstreamer to not use pa but only alsa?

Dirk