[pulseaudio-discuss] [SOLVED] usb sound card: PCM has 8 channels, thats too much & cannot submit datapipe for urb 0

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Sun Nov 20 19:19:39 PST 2011

On 11/20/2011 11:24 AM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> AFAIK USB doesn't have enough
> bandwidth to support uncompressed 8-channel audio,

Hmm, a long time ago - this was on Windows XP - I remember using a
http://www.esi-audio.com/products/gigaportag/ and I don't think we
installed any special USB drivers for that.

8 channels * 48000 Hz * 16 bit ~ 6 MBit/s, and we're talking about the
12 MBit/s version here, so I guess it should be enough even with some
packet overhead, but maybe some of the more broken USB host chips have
some problems with it?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic