[pulseaudio-discuss] Cannot get sound with latest macmini

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Thu Oct 6 23:14:43 PDT 2011

Using pulseaudio-1.0 and the latest macmini, I cannot get sound via pulseaudio on the internal speaker or the analogue line out to powered speakers.

I've tried all of the available profiles displayed under the pavucontrol configuration tab (analog stereo duplex, analog stereo out, etc) one-by-one without success

Using alsamixer to unmute everything and set everything to 100%, I can get pulseaudio to play via the internal speaker, but not via analogue line out. Note that there is no .asoundrc in use.

Using the mac os, both internal speaker and analogue line out work fine.

Any suggestions for trouble-shooting to get the analogue line out working would be gratefully received - some details below:

--------------------

$ udevadm info -qall -p /sys/class/sound/card0
P: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0
E: SUBSYSTEM=sound
E: SOUND_INITIALIZED=1
E: ID_BUS=pci
E: ID_VENDOR_ID=0x8086
E: ID_MODEL_ID=0x1c20
E: ID_PATH=pci-0000:00:1b.0
E: ID_PATH_TAG=pci-0000_00_1b_0
E: SOUND_FORM_FACTOR=internal

$ aplay -l
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: Cirrus Analog [Cirrus Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: Cirrus Digital [Cirrus Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

$ lspci
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)