[pulseaudio-discuss] Optimize PA for mobile usage

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Oct 7 16:00:01 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 17:03 +0200, Andreas Bauer wrote:
> Second issue: I have one application (Zoiper) which can only access
> ALSA at the moment (because it will not allow me to input non-hardware
> ALSA device names like pcm.pulse). Is there some hack/workaround to
> get such applications to talk to pulseaudio?

Do you know what device strings Zoiper uses? Does it provide any
configurability? If it uses the device called "default", then things
work fine if you configure the "default" device to be the pulse plugin.
If it insists on using the hardware directly, for example "hw:0", then
you're out of luck - Zoiper is buggy and I don't think there's a
workaround for that.