[pulseaudio-discuss] HOWTO create a sink/source device for local OS use?

Chris kc2rgw at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 07:13:00 PDT 2011

I haven't found a sort of one-liner example for this yet and I know it's
possible, but I'm being a bit dense following the FAQ.

What I want is a 'virtual audio cable' local to the OS for two applications
to use.

I want a device created that is a sink and a source.

I want application one to use the device for its audio output

I want application two to use the device for its audio input.

A functional equivalent of line-out to line-in of two devices.

44100 would be ideal for the sample rate for both ends

The application is for ham radio DSP of the stream so as little mangling of
the stream as possible is highly desirable.  Lossy transcoding would hurt
the signal quality.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
73      de     Chris       KC2RGW