[pulseaudio-discuss] Multi-User Streaming Audio, Is It Possible?

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Wed Oct 12 02:05:19 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 10:28 +0200, Maarten Bosmans wrote:
> 2011/10/12 Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel at free.fr>:
[...]
> > Strange thing: the HTPC's daemon was unreachable locally, I had to
> > configure it explicitly with
> > load-module module-native-protocol-unix auth-anonymous=1
> > to have local apps output sound.
>
> You should run pulse and the apps as the same (non-root) user.

I can't. The HTPC has no real users, it's just a box playing
music/radio, and rarely movies. Most of the time it's headless, and
nobody logs into it. PA is running in system mode because different
local "users" (mpd, xbmc) and remote ones (true users) have to connect
to it. But the remote users don't exist on the machine.

	Xav