[pulseaudio-discuss] Audio routing policy

Feng Wei feng.wei at linaro.org
Mon Oct 17 22:22:25 PDT 2011

Can we make such problem simple enough to only use profile to handle policy?
We can assume:
1. All needed profile are defined by ucm verb.
2. All sinks and sources in certain profile are defined by ucm devices.
3. Each profile provide several sinks and sources, if pa client don't
specify the device, pa stream will be connected to the sink/source
with highest priority.
4. Policy manager can switch profile by events like audio devices plug
in/out or user requirements.
5. If something can't be handled by defined profiles, consider define
new profile(ucm verb).

Although this kind of methods may result in trivial profiles (I don't
think it will cause profile count explosion), but it's very simple and
easy to understand.
Any requirements can't be met? Let's talk about them.

--
Wei.Feng (irc wei_feng)
Linaro Multimedia Team