[pulseaudio-discuss] New hook for card profile changes

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 19 03:41:07 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 18/10/11 13:03 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a new module that needs to run some code before the profiles
> of a certain alsa card are activated. For this I need a new hook in the
> core: PA_CORE_HOOK_CARD_PROFILE_ABOUT_TO_ACTIVATE or something like
> that. Will such hook be accepted in upstream even if the module is not
> merged in upstream? If yes, I'll post a patch for it soon. Ideas for a
> better name for the hook are most welcome.

Ha! I read the other mail (the patch) first, and already suggested other
names.

I personally feel that a lot of other hooks should have both
start/finish hooks (i.e. when changing ports, it would be nice to save
the volume of the current port for example, but to do that we'd need a
hook fired prior to the port change), so I don't think this general
concept is a bad idea (the volume save on port change thing might have
been a suitable work around for David's recent headaches due to my
assumption that the issue wasn't that big a deal :s)

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/