[pulseaudio-discuss] [PATCH 0/6] Jack detection patches
david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Oct 27 07:40:14 PDT 2011
So, here's the status of the jack detection patches.
* The core patches (patch 1-5) and the alsa mixer patches (patch 6)
are ready for review and will be sent to this list shortly. Please review.
* The "backend" for jack detection, which uses input devices, has been
rejected. This is because another way of doing jack detection (through
ALSA kcontrols) is going to be implemented by Takashi, scheduled for
kernel 3.3. Therefore Lennart Poettering (and Arun?) does not want to
see the current implementation being merged at all.
* However, since I don't want to rebase over and over again, I would
be happy if the current set of patches are merged ASAP anyway. (And
until merge, if you avoid radical changes to the affected files, that
would be appreciated)
* Because of the above rejection and that I'm currently not at home,
the current version of the patches have not been tested (more than that
they compile and doesn't crash when starting up PulseAudio here). Not
many changes since the version shipped in Ubuntu 11.10, that would be if
I did something wrong when I reorganised the patch set a little and
rebased it against current master.
* A note to Tanuk about the Alsa patch: when I rebased it against
current sources, I think I broke the paths_dir thing. With the new
order, I don't think this argument needs to be sent to the sink anymore,
but to be used in module-alsa-card instead. Can you verify?
* We're still missing a patch to the core, to expose inactive profiles
to clients. I'm happy for more opinions about solutions posted in this
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss