[pulseaudio-discuss] Audio output on Bluetooth headset is choppy - PulseAudio at fault?

Sun Sep 11 23:44:34 PDT 2011

Good morning.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 15:35, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

[…]

> But I'll let our resident BT export answer when he gets a chance as
> he'll know much better than me! Over to you Luiz!! :)

Allright. I did some more experimenting and disabled PulseAudio

  # setup-pulseaudio --disable

Then I configured Alsa to output sound to bluetooth:

ask at ewzw032:~/Desktop/TestKrach> cat /home/ask/.asoundrc

pcm.bluetooth {
   type bluetooth
   device 00:1A:7D:60:67:1F
}

And then I played some WAV file on the Bluetooth device:

ask at ewzw032:~/Desktop/TestKrach> aplay -D bluetooth KDE-Im-Phone-Ring.wav
Wiedergabe: WAVE 'KDE-Im-Phone-Ring.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
Endian, Rate: 48000 Hz, stereo

Result: It's just as clippy, as it is with PulseAudio.

This means, that the issue I have isn't related to PulseAudio (which
anyway would've been a bit surprising, if you remember the error
message I grepped from /var/log/messages…).

Or do you guys think, that my judgement regardign PulseAudio is a bit
premature?

I think I'm gonna ditch Bluetooth. Too complicated to setup on Linux. :(

Thanks a lot,

Alexander
--
↯    Lifestream (Twitter, Blog, …) ↣ http://alexs77.soup.io/     ↯