[pulseaudio-discuss] libpulsecommon not installed

Thomas Martitz kugel at rockbox.org
Thu Aug 2 10:57:30 PDT 2012

Am 02.08.2012 18:48, schrieb Peter Meerwald:
>> I'm debugging the win32 "Assertion failed '!e->dead' failed" issue.
>> During that I found that libpulsecommon (.dll in this case) is not installed
>> (which made me fight ghosts in the past few hours :) ). Is this a known issue?
>> Unfortunately I have no idea about autotools and I seem unable to fix it
>> myself.
> recent version of PulseAudio have libpulsecommon installed in
> /usr/lib/pulseaudio
>
> I am not sure how this is supposed to work on Win32; rest assured that I
> feel your pain; it poses problems elsewhere as well, e.g. when
> cross-compiling, linking w/o libtool, statically linking, etc.

Oh, it's supposed to be in another dir as the other libs?

Looking at it further, the .dll files are installed to $PREFIX/bin, but
not libpulsecommon.dll. It is instead installed to $PREFIX/lib/bin
(which I added to %PATH% as a work around). Very strange.

I found src/Makefile.am has some workaround for libpulsecommon. Perhaps
this is related?

Best regards.