[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 00/12] bluetooth: Revive MP3 passthrough over A2DP

Frédéric Dalleau frederic.dalleau at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 6 06:24:36 PST 2012

Hello,

I'm spent some time trying to revive the patch series
originally written by Pierre-Louis Bossart and
Arun Raghavan to enable MP3 passthrough over A2DP.
I add support for Media API through a new Endpoint.

The resulting code works fine but the following issues are raised:
1) Each IEC frame is 4k even if real MP3 data is 120 bytes, is there any alternative?
2) SINK_ADD_INPUT_MSG is called with PA_ENCODING_PCM using paplay --passthrough. Is this is a bug?
3) how to configure the sink based on incoming stream.
4) how to reconfigure the sink if stream type changes.

Next step, I'll try to do MP3 sink.
I haven't found the source for mpegiec958 plugin in gstreamer so I hacked one.
Tested only with paplay for now, no gst pulse plugin.
First patch contain a test procedure.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Frédéric

Arun Raghavan (3):
  bluetooth: Use new API for exposing A2DP MPEG sinks
  bluetooth: Handle configuration failures more gracefully
  bluetooth: Fixes for PCM-MPEG switching

Frédéric Dalleau (8):
  Fix build : Remove usage of passthrough profile
  bluetooth: Register MP3 endpoint for bluetooth
  bluetooth: Handle SelectConfiguration for MP3 endpoint
  bluetooth: module-bluetooth-device changes
  bluetooth: Initialize codec value
  bluetooth: configure device based on selected transport
  bluetooth: Make impossible to switch codec on sink
  bluetooth: Temporarily disable SBC endpoint

Pierre-Louis Bossart (1):
  bluetooth: MP3 passthrough over A2DP

 src/modules/bluetooth/bluetooth-util.c          |  181 +++--
 src/modules/bluetooth/module-bluetooth-device.c |  974 ++++++++++++++++++++---
 src/modules/bluetooth/rtp.h                     |   14 +-

1.7.5.4