[pulseaudio-discuss] ARM NEON patches

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Fri Feb 10 04:50:21 PST 2012

Hello,

thank you for considering the patches

> > * I have no runtime comparison for the orc svolume code yet (note that
> >   orc is not used on ARM yet, although it should be possible)
> The ARM version of the svolume code makes use of 'smulwb' instruction,
> making it faster than the Orc code since that's a decomposition of this
> instruction.

I tried to get the Orc svolume to work; this is not possible for the
moment since Orc lacks support for loadpq on ARM NEON -- so no comparison

I have been in contact with David Schleef but no progress there
I failed to implement the missing support myself in a reasonable time

> On the svolume side, the implementations are initialised in increasing
> order of optimisation, so if you have the tests enabled for all of them,
> you'll get the runtime numbers of each with the previous implementation
> as reference.

ok, will try to make use of that

p.

--