[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 0/3] Automatically enable loopback on sources

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Jan 16 11:22:01 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 19:33 +0100, Frédéric Dalleau wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This patch series tries to automatically enable loopback on bluetooth sources
> and sinks. This is useful when listening music from the phone or to answer
> phonecall using empathy/bluez/ofono/telepathy-ring without command line
> interactions. Basically the loopback module is loaded when the profile changes.
> The usage of this feature is restricted to only HFGW and A2DP sink role
> (aka Handsfree Gateway and High Fidelity Capture profiles).
> HFAG and A2DP source role do not have the same semantics.

Do you think it would be a lot of work to move this logic to a separate
module? As discussed before[1], I'd prefer there to be
"module-bluetooth-policy" that would take care of choosing profiles
automatically etc. Autoloading module-loopback could be the first
feature of that module.

I have some backlog with Pulseaudio mails and reviews, so unless Colin
or Arun handles it quicker, it may take some time before these patches
get properly reviewed.

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2011-December/012395.html