[pulseaudio-discuss] Suggestion - programmable dead time when starting

david.hagood at gmail.com david.hagood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:49:33 PST 2012

I'd like to make a suggestion for Pulseaudio - programmable dead time
before uncorking a source when the output is SPDIF or HDMI.

Justification: I have my computer tied to a 5.1 receiver via SPDIF. When I
start playing music in applications such as Audacious, the first half
second of audio is lost as the stereo has to detect the data stream
starting, work out the encoding, and then start decoding. If I could tell
Pulse to insert some "dead air" to allow things to sync up first, then
start playing, this would be eliminated.