[pulseaudio-discuss] Logging startup of the first instance...

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jun 28 01:37:44 PDT 2012

On 06/28/2012 09:41 AM, rong deng wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I've come up with an idea to accommodate this situation, tell me if
> it's useful for you or there's a better solution. :)

I think this solution (to go with .1, .2 etc prefix) is good enough for me.
A question about the implementation though - is it racy? I'm not
completely sure if two clients which in parallel try to spawn the
server, end up choosing the same file name.

Would opening with O_EXCL work as a test instead, perhaps?