[pulseaudio-discuss] Duplicate content in libpulse and libpulsecommon

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Mar 9 02:26:07 PST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 09/03/12 06:53 did gyre and gimble:
> I noticed that some parts of the public API are compiled twice: once as
> part of libpulse and once as part of libpulsecommon. Is there some
> wisdom in doing this that I'm unaware of? At least on my system things
> build and run fine also with the duplicates removed from libpulsecommon.

Does it build from a clean clone too?

I know there are very strange circular deps between the two libs, so my
only concern is that this double inclusion is needed to work around this.

But basically if it passes a make distcheck then I guess it should be fine!

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/