[pulseaudio-discuss] express my interests in applying GSoC 2012

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at digia.com
Thu Mar 22 01:58:37 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 16:21 +0100, David Henningsson wrote:
> 2012-03-21 15:29, rong deng skrev:
> >     2) Would "%llx" solve this warning equally well?
> >
> > On 32-bit system, yes, but then, it's not portable.
> > To print uin64_t on 32 bit system, we should use %llx,
> > but to print it on 64 bit system, we should use %lx instead. PRI-prefix
> > help us handle this.
> >
> > Yes, there IS another way to handle, we can explicitly cast
> > 'pa_channel_position_mask_t' to 'unsigned long long' and use %llx.
>
> A quick grep through the code shows that this is how we've been doing it
> up till now, so we should probably keep it that way for consistency.
>
> So, just for education, would you mind resending the patch with git
> send-email, and using %llx ? Thanks!

At the risk of turning this into prolonged bikeshedding, IMO the PRI
constants would be the better solution (with a small margin). I have
myself used the casting solution in the past to get rid of compiler
warnings, but that has been because I didn't know about the PRI
constants.

That said, I'm ok with either solution.