[pulseaudio-discuss] no output from pulseaudio on embedded arm platform

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Thu Mar 22 03:13:48 PDT 2012

Hello Jan,

> Opening a playback stream with sample specification 's16le 1ch 8000Hz' and
> channel map 'mono'.

playback is 1ch 8000Hz while your sink seems to be only able to do 2ch
16000Hz, maybe try to play samples which do not require PulseAudio to
resample/remap?

>          sample spec: s16le 2ch 16000Hz
>          channel map: front-left,front-right
>                       Stereo

check /et/pulse/daemon.conf, I have issues with
default-sample-rate and alternate-sample-rate; I need to set both to the
same value (which would be natively supported by your hardware, probably
48000 or 16000)

turn on logging, start PulseAudio with

pulseaudio --system --log-level=debug --log-target=stderr

regards p.

--

Peter Meerwald
+43-664-2444418 (mobile)