[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio on OSX

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Nov 3 09:37:23 PDT 2012

'Twas brillig, and rong deng at 14/09/12 16:11 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/9/13 Jared Sohn <jared.sohn at gmail.com>:
>> I want to use PulseAudio to separately control the volume of processes
>> on OSX.  Is this possible, and if so what is the best way for doing
>> this?
>>
>> I have found some instructions at
>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Ports/OSX and also
>> have found an OSX-specific port at
>> https://github.com/zonque/PulseAudioOSX along with an accompanying PDF
>> and presentation describing the work.  My impression is that if I
>> follow the instructions at the first link, it will allow me to play
>> sounds created on other computers, but because I don't think it
>> includes a HAL plug-in and other OSX-specific code, I don't think it
>> will let me control the volumes for OSX processes.
>>
>> Is this an accurate state of affairs?  If so, is development
>> continuing for OSX integration? (the github project hasn't been
>> updated in 11 months), how does integrating in the OSX-specific port
>> fit into the roadmap?, and is there further information about how well
>> the existing PulseAudioOSX works?
>>

> Last time I tried it, it can't even run through the configure part, it
> needs a separate patch (I've submitted it to this mailing list before,
> but it hasn't been accepted.)

Has the patch been rejected or just not reviewed? I'm battling my way
through my backlog (down to just 650 emails now from 1700+!!).

If you could point it out (assuming no-one has since dealt with it) that
would be great.

Cheers

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/