[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio / ffmpeg resample code

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Nov 3 13:02:14 PDT 2012

'Twas brillig, and Peter Meerwald at 23/07/12 11:20 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello,
>
> regarding our discussion about external code dependencies that are copied
> into the PulseAudio source tree, I halfheartedly propose a patch that
> brings the ffmpeg resample code up-to-date
>
> the new code fixes some overflows (according to the ffmpeg commit log, not
> sure how relevant) and pulls in lots of needed code from ffmeg
>
> the better solution seems to be to use the very recently added
> libavresample library exported from ffmpeg

Personally I'd be in favour of using libavresample as an optional build
time dep, but I'm not sure if David would feel the same if this is not
already something available easily to him in Ubuntu.

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/