[pulseaudio-discuss] Module dependencies

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Nov 3 13:08:31 PDT 2012

'Twas brillig, and Arun Raghavan at 23/07/12 05:16 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello
> Folks using the Rygel module are currently facing the problem of having
> to remember to manually add the http module to the auto-loaded list. As
> I see it, there are two ways of fixing this:
>
> 1. Just try to load the http protocol module in the Rygel module (it'll
> fail if it's already loaded)
>
> 2. Add a mechanism to specify such dependencies in modules.
>
> The latter is more generic, obviously, but I think this would be
> overkill. Does anyone know of cases where such a mechanism would be
> required? If not, we should just go with (1) soon.

3. Make paprefs do it when it adds the rygel module...

I'll volunteer to do this if this is the best solution, but really I'd
rather avoid doing any major paprefs changes!

So maybe option 1 would be good for v3.0. If approved I will do this.

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/