[pulseaudio-discuss] jackdbus module, pulse fails to conform on device reservation API

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Nov 9 09:34:49 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 15:58 -0500, Ian Malone wrote:
> method call sender=:1.110 ->
> dest=org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1.Audio1 serial=6
> path=/org/freedesktop/ReserveDevice1/Audio1;
> interface=org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1; member=RequestRelease
>    int32 2147483647
> error sender=:1.35 -> dest=:1.110
> error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod reply_serial=6
>    string "Method "RequestRelease" with signature "i" on interface
> "org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1" doesn't exist
> "

As far as I know, that error message is generated by the application
that responds to the RequestRelease method call. PulseAudio doesn't have
code that would generate an error message like that, so it looks like
it's actually something else that is sending the error. Here the error
sender is :1.35, which is not very useful, but if you get the
dbus-monitor log again, you can check with d-feet what application is
returning that error (in this case you'd check which application
is :1.35, but that number will probably be different when you try
again).